This not only makes your house smell divine while it's baking, but it tastes delicious even before it's cool.
6 cups large flake oats
1 cup nuts (I used a mix of walnuts and pecans), coarsely chopped
1/2 to 1 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
1/2 to 1 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1. Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix the next 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Pour liquid ingredients over the oat mixture and mix well.
4. Pour onto two large parchment covered cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 250F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes then break into clumps.
7. Add raisins and cranberries and toss well
8. Store in tightly sealed containers.